2017 Open Book Date: 6/29/17
2017 Board of Review Date: 7/18/17
“The mission of the City of Sturgeon Bay Assessor’s Office is to administer the Assessment function in a highly technical and competent manner that insures public confidence in the accuracy and fairness of all assessments in accordance with Wisconsin statutes and to prepare the annual assessment roll (the official record of all taxable real and personal property within the City of Sturgeon Bay) while providing the best possible service.”
The City of Sturgeon Bay has a contract with Associated Appraisal Consultants, Inc. for the Assessment work in the city.
Staffing of the Assessing Department includes:
Associated Appraisal Consultants, Inc.
Ryan Andersen – Assessor/Project Manager
Assessing Department Clerk – Peggy Tong
The Assessing Department is located at in City Hall, 421 Michigan Street. They can be reached at 920-746-2908 or fax 920-746-2905. You can reach Ryan at Associated Appraisal Consultants, Inc. in Appleton at 1-800-721-4157.
Office Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The following information is provided as a service to the public and the citizens of Sturgeon Bay. The Sturgeon Bay City Assessor’s Office makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. The information contained within this site is the 2017 assessment year property data. This data reflects property changes, which have occurred prior to 1/1/2017. Any change in a property since 1/1/2016 as a result of building permit, property split, fire, or other changes may not be reflected in this data.
The 2016 net tax rate per thousand for property in the City of Sturgeon Bay by School District is as follows: (2017 tax rates are not available until December of 2017)
- Sturgeon Bay School District is $22.20 per thousand of assessed valuation,
- $16.92 per thousand for the Sevastopol School District, and
- $20.43 per thousand for the Southern Door School District.
All three of these school districts are situated within the City of Sturgeon Bay.
The 2016 lottery credit for property within the City of Sturgeon Bay by School District is as follows:
- Sturgeon Bay School district $113.99, $60.46
- for the Sevastopol School District, and
- $98.26 for the Southern Door School District.
The 2016 ratio or local level for all property is 105.8%.
2017 Property record card data is now available online: www.assessordata.org
We encourage your use of this site. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, please feel free to call 920-746-2908 and we can help you navigate this site.We hope you will find this site helpful.
While the data within this site is believed to be correct, no warranty is given or implied as to its accuracy.
- Go to: www.assessordata.org
- Once connected to the above site, select the appropriate city (not optional) and enter either a house number, a street name or a specific parcel number. For first time searches, we would recommend using only a house number or street name. Example: “3rd”, do no use extensions such as “St” “Ave” or “N” or “S” or any variation there of.
- Then click on “Search.”
- Select only a street name above as we recommend and the site will then direct the user to a number of parcels on that street. Click “view detail” for the intended address. If the correct address doesn’t appear on the first page, then proceed to scroll down and look for additional page numbers on that street.
- Once the address in viewing opens, a small condensed abbreviated report window will appear. In this window a small box will appear in the upper right corner titled “View Full Report”. Click on this box to view the full public property records card.
- A box will then appear and state that “Your report is ready. Click here to view.” Please click on the work “here” and three pages of the property record card will appear in a PDF format for your review. These pages can also be enlarged from the upper menu bar. Thse pages include the full public record card, a footprint sketch and any outbuildings. To see all three pages available, please scroll down.
- A Guide for Property Owners
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guide to Wisconsin Manufacturing Property Assessment