Sturgeon Bay Police Department
421 Michigan Street
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Police Chief – Clint Henry
The Police Chief, under the direction of the Mayor, plans, directs, and administers all activities of the Sturgeon Bay Police Department. The Sturgeon Bay Police Department is comprised of five (5) divisions consisting of Administration, Water Patrol, Parking Enforcement, Community Patrol and Investigations. Each division has unique functions relating to community policing. Among the duties of the Police Chief are:
- Responsibility for the overall operations of the Police Department and the effective performance of its members.
- Developing and maintaining an organizational structure for the Department in accordance with professional standards and sound management principles.
- Providing direction to, and supervision of, all personnel under his/her control and supervision.
- Ensuring that all essential activities of the Department are efficiently and effectively accomplished.
- Establishing and enforcing rules, regulations, policies and procedures for the members and employees of the Department.
- Ensuring that accurate records of all phases of police operations are maintained.
- Submission of detailed annual budget requests that outline the financial needs of the Department.
- Maintenance of personnel records for each member and employee of the Department.
- Responds to and provides leadership at scenes of serious crimes or disasters.
- Monitors and/or participates in investigations of a serious nature when appropriate.
- Investigates complaints of misconduct on the part of members and employees of the Department and takes appropriate disciplinary measures when necessary
- Serves in an advisory role to Committees of the Common Council and attending Committee meetings when necessary.