421 Michigan Street
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
City Administrator – Josh VanLieshout
Under the direction of the Common Council, the City Administrator carries out administrative and statutory functions of the City and Common Council. These functions include providing staff support to the Mayor, Common Council, Board of Public Works, and various committees, boards, and commissions; processing citizen requests, complaints, and questions; alcoholic beverage licensing; pet licensing; human resources; insurance; planning and zoning; budgeting; accounting; payroll; accounts payable; accounts receivable; budget preparation; human resources; interdepartmental oversight and coordination; and custodian of official files.
The City Administrator is the chief administrative officer of the City and is responsible for the efficient administration of all affairs of the City of Sturgeon Bay. The City Administrator directs the work of all City departments and subsidiary divisions. The City Administrator is responsible to the Common Council and the Mayor. The City Administrator is appointed by the Mayor subject to the confirmation of a majority of the Common Council.
Among the duties of the City Administrator are:
- Serves as Purchasing Agent for all departments of the city.
- Coordinates the operation and administrative activities of all City Departments
- Functions as the Personnel Officer for the City.
- Participates in negotiations and settlements with unions and other collective bargaining units, participates in grievance procedures
- Coordinates preparation of the Annual City Budget
- Implements the City’s Comprehensive Plan as directed by the Common Council
- Coordinates and administers overall safety programs and policies
- Is the liaison to industrial, commercial, professional groups, citizens, etc.
- Performs other duties as described by the Mayor and Common Council
An Interview with Josh VanLieshout, 2015
See more videos, and watch live TV at https://sbtv.viebit.com/