Community Involvement

Getting Involved

youth in government

Youth In Government

There are many ways that residents can become involved with city government. The City of Sturgeon Bay encourages participation in many ways. We hope that you will choose one.


Talk with your Alderperson

Members of the Sturgeon Bay Common Council are elected on a district/ward basis. They live in your neighborhood and share your concerns about your quality of life. They are very interested in your thoughts and concerns.

Attend Common Council or other City committee and board meetings

The City of Sturgeon Bay Common Council meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month at noon.

Meetings are held in the Council Chambers located on the second floor of City Hall. All City Hall facilities are handicap accessible. If you have any special needs, please contact the City Clerk so that we can accommodate these needs.

All Common Council meetings are also televised on the Cable TV Public Access Channel (Channel 76)

Visit our web site

Our web site is updated weekly.

Visit City Hall

If you have any questions or would like to discuss an issue with your City staff, please feel free to visit City Hall. A call to the appropriate staff member first will insure that they make time for your visit.

Volunteer for one of the many City Committees, Commissions and Boards

For further information, please contact City Clerk Stephanie Reinhardt ( or City Administrator Josh VanLieshout (